Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Visitor


I found a Gecko in my bathroom today. He was really small, about 2 inches long. He even matched the color of my carpet. I saw him and thought I would release him outside. When I caught him, I cupped him in my hand. I must have used a bit more pressure than I thought because when I opened my hand, there were two things moving around. He was on one side, his tail was twitching away on the other. This was both cool and a bit disturbing. When I opened my hand a second time, he jumped out and ran into the printer I have on my floor. I hope he finds his way out, or I'll be taking a bit more of Florida home with me than I thought...except for the tail of course.

3 comments:

crazy cat lady said...

Creepy.

katohater said...

umm, that's rather quite normal. their tails come off and wriggle around so that predators go after the tail and not the gecko. the tail will grow back over time.

Ted Torreson said...

Oh yeah,I know it was normal. It was still crazy to see.