Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I took something from him every time we met!

For some reason this got in my head today. Since Old Kato is right about me not posting too often. I thought I would give you something real authentic.

One day when I was working at Wards, I was trying to sell a television set to this couple. As I was talking to them. They allowed their child to run up and down my isles with his hands on my sign tracks, separateing, knocking off, my 4 peices of signery that was designated to each item. When he came near me, I would stop talking to the parents and tell the kid to please not do that because I had to straiten them afterwards. He looked at me and raised up his little jiggly puff toy and shook it in my face, then scowled.

Some days you just give up on the principle of the thing and just go with the flow. So, I rearanged all my signs, while I was helping the couple. Again, the kid came down and messed up one row of my signs. I said, "hey" really loud and asked him not to do it. The mom finally looked up and said the kids name....Once! After that, he proceeded to mess up the rest of my signs, all the while twirling his little Jiggly Puff around his head in a little victory dance.

I don't remember if the people bought the TV or not. With the way life was there, they probably didn't. Soon after they left, I went back to straighten my signs. I noticed something pink on the ground. It was that stupid little kid's Jiggly Puff. I snached it and threw it behind the counter. About 15 mins later, the kid comes back. I was done with my signs and was pretending to straighten up things behind the counter. I look up and He is standing there, calm as can be. (It took a little sorrow to mellow out his @$$ I guess.) He looks up with tear filled eyes and says "Say mister, have you seen a Jiggly Poof toy around here?" I reached my hand under the counter, palmed the "Poof," and held it close to me behind my back, just so I could feel victory a little closer. I said to him, "Son, I don't believe I know what a Jiggly Poof is..."
He iterupted, "It's my favorite toy. It's pink..."
I interupted, "Never Saw It!"

There is a lesson here. Be a good parent and your kid's favorite "Jiggly Poof" won't end up hanging as a trophy in some salesman's basement.

5 comments:

katohater said...

oh! did you think i meant you?

no, i meant the other people who don't put forth any effort whatsoever.

seriously, though, i was telling my lady friend about how tragic your blog is, because you're one of the best storytellers i know. i only have to say three words and everyone will agree with me:

the... superman... story.

as far as that little brat is concerned, i would have sodomized his "jiggly poof" and made him watch. but that's just me.

Unknown said...

Good advice. I'll take it.

David said...

You really think sodomizing his jiggly poof and making him watch is good advice? I know I do!

Tiffin said...

You let that little one off too easily.

Ted Torreson said...

You should have seen him cry. It was a real matt moment. I found great pleasure in it. Though, I never once thought about sodomizing the stupid pokemon