Monday, July 23, 2007

one week....

Well, It's one week away. Next Monday I leave for vicarage. It is hard to believe that I have only one more week here with Marcy. It is sometimes hard to just have fun with her because we both know our time is short. There is a tendency to focus on the sadness of the looming separation. Knowing what is coming though, I think we are doing an excellent job at enjoying the time we have left.

It is kinda funny. I have spent the last couple years wishing I was some place other than St. Louis. Now for the first time, St. Louis feels like home. When I dropped Marcy off last night, I came back to my dorm and it felt so empty without her. It is going to be very difficult to leave her behind.

I am trying to look forward though. I'm not doing a very good job, but I am trying. It helps that I have been talking to the people at the church where I'll be serving. I have to act excited when I talk to them. I also know that I would be excited if the situation were different. I know I'll learn a lot. I know I'll grow a lot. I know that I will become a better man for it. I just have to look forward to that, and look forward to returning to my love.

0 comments: