Friday, October 12, 2007


So yesterday the Firemen came to our preschool for fire safety week. When I heard about it last week, I jokingly said I wanted to ride the firetruck. So Yesterday, the preschool director, the janitor, and the assistant pastor all pulled me out of my office and convinced me to go check things out. So on my way over there, I spotted a larger lizard and snagged him on the way. So I walk up to these firemen and preschool kids in my nice dress clothes gripping a lizard that is going absolutely nuts. He was bitting at the air and waving his arms around. He looked like kermit the frog when he says "Yay" and looks all excited. So the firemen, were like, "um, so you've got a Lizard, huh?" It was cool. I let him go after I showed him to the kids.

So later that night, I was walking next to this building and a little lizard was on the wall. He did this crazy back flip, matrix style, and landed right under my path, moments before I stepped down. The little bugger killed himself. I wasn't too happy about it. I like my lizard folk. Why in the world would he jump right in front of my foot? I decided that it was equivalent to stepping in front of a dump truck. I just wonder what would cause a lizard to just want to end it all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would imagine they get depressed when crazy giants pick them up all the time and wont let them go.

Or maybe he was the same lizard you were holding earlier and he saw you coming and figured he could use some lizard kung fu on you but missed his mark.

Ted Torreson said...

Naw, the Lizard that I caught earlier was like 10 times the size. It was one of the largest that I have seen. My theory was that the big lizard was idolized by the smaller lizard. When Little Lizard found out that I had manhandled the King Lizard, he was crushed, his hero....defeated. Little Lizard just didn't have any dreams left to keep him goin'

earlofsandwhich said...

Dude.. (I've said it before and I will say it again and again) the lizards are awesome. Why do most Floridians merely shrug at their wonderment? I am still jealous that you have an entire army around you, only a few select chill at my place, though the other day a few tiny tiny frogs were chilling on our porch (finger tip tiny) and that was the cool. It is also good to see you blogging a bit again-- maybe I should.