Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tedlar the Feather Foot.....I'm hoping

I've been putting it off for years now. Four years ago, when I reinjured my back, my D.O. said that I would have back problems all my life if I didn't get some custom made orthotics for $360.00. Being the man who owned my body, and not the man with 12 years of medical school, I decided that I didn't need such a product. It was an easy dicison since I was broke beyond belief,the orthotics were too expensive, and they cheap Sixty dollar ones didn't seem to want to fit in my new shoes anyway.

I am still having problems. While my back has gotten better overall, it still gives me pain every day. In the last couple years, I have also had such bad problems with my leg muscles that I've had a couple guys suggest the orthotics again. I am just sick of not being able to exercise my lower body and not being able to walk or stand for too long. Today I finally decided that I had the money and the incentive to spend an entire paycheck on something I'll be standing on all day. The only thing that stinks, well besides the price ($480.00), is that I'll probably have to get new shoes as well. I just bought new Nikes 3 months ago, but it seems as if the orthotics won't fit in them. Oh well, it will all be worth it if I can move like a used to.

0 comments: