Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin

So I opened my mail box today and found a magazine inside. It was an issue of Flying. I'm a little confused. As much as I'd like to know the "top 10 expert IFR safty tips" just in case I was sitting in coach and the stewardess screams out, "does anyone know how to fly a plane?" I wonder why I would need to know them know since I do not fly. This magazine showed up with my name printed on in, a lot of info blacked out, and my address on a sticker over it. I checked the site. Subscriptions cost money. There is a price of $4.99 on the cover. How did this come to my house???? It's a Mystery!

On another note, I went shopping today and realized that I have a sentiment of entitlement. The bill came to 71 bucks and I thought, "this is ridiculous!" I know food costs money. I know I bought more than usual. Yet, I still felt as If it were owed to me that I get all the food I want at a good price. I know i shouldn't feel entitled to good cheap food. I should just feel lucky that safe food is readily available and that I can afford to purchase it. It is strange how when we regularly receive something, we start to think it is owed us, when in reality, nothing really is.

1 comments:

The Holwerda Family said...

never have a family if you really think 71 dollars is outrageous :)