Sunday, March 30, 2008

"It was a good day.....for Ted"

Last week a few of Nate's friends from STL came down to visit him. Let me just say, it was a good time. We all hung out for a few days. One of the Days we went to the aquarium in Clearwater. Let's just say it was sweet. There was rumor that one could pet stingrays and see and possible touch Manatees. Let me tell you there were not Stingrays at the present time and there were never Manatees.

We decided to watch the dolphin show which was pretty sweet. We waited for a while because it started raining. Then we had to watch an angry dolphin blow water in the air in protest because of the rain. It was intense....the dolphin anger. Yet soon, his love for his purple hula hoop calmed his soul once more and he was ready to perform.

During the time we waited for the act to begin, they asked us to guess the girth of the dolphin from one side of his dorsal fin to the other. I inspected him from one angle, moved to the other side of the pool and checked him out from another side. A girl came by and asked if I had a guess. I said, "47 inches. No! 49! But I'm probably two over." The girl gave me a look like, "You're on crack" or "wow, right on." Then she walked away.

So right when the show was about to begin, they called the dolphin over, attached the measuring tape to his fin, and had him spin the tape around himself to be measured. The young lady took the microphone and announced, "He measures in at 47 inches." I turned to my friend Liz and said, "That's what I guessed at first!" Luckily, no one else was even close, so I got to go down and pet the dolphin and feed him some fish. It was quite possibly the best moment of my life. It was amazing. It was a good day.....for Ted.






4 comments:

AlyKat64 said...

I'm so jealous of your dolphin experience!!!!

Unknown said...

You were supposed to guess 64 inches because even if the guess was not correct it would be the dolphin who was wrong, not you.

angela said...

Ted! There were manatees, just not at THAT aquarium...

Unknown said...

Cool new layout. Now where's the post?! And where's your stache?! You should be ashamed of yourself for not sportin' the 'stache.