Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Can you smell it? I still can.


Last night I was hit with a horrible migraine while driving back to St. Louis. It was one of the few times in my life where I actually had to pull off the road from fear of death. I stopped at an Arbys that was connected to a gas station. I could barely stand long enough to wait for my sandwich. After realizing that everybody in the resterant was looking at me funny, probably because I was about to pass out, I decided to go to my car. After I stumbled to the Hundai, I looked up and everyone was staring out the window with worried looks on their faces. I ended up moving my car to the back of the building, slammed a Rockstar and took an Alive.

After reclining in my car for 4o mins, I felt a little better and decided to drive. A few minutes later I was feeling sick again. I drove another 15 miles and stopped in Springfield at the first hotel I could find. I was hoping to find a Motel 6, because of their low rates and clean rooms. Instead I found an Econolodge. It was the same price that I saw on the Motel 6 signs. I figured same price same quality right?

After drooling at the counter for what seemed to be an eternity, the receptionist gave me my key. I went to the car, got the one bag I needed and went inside and around the corner. A think wind of what smelled like Sweat and Curry seasoning almost knocked me over when I turned the corner to the rooms. Strangely, I couldn't smell it when I was at the desk.

When I got to the room. It smelled fine, at first. I collapsed on the bed, after inspecting it closely. While laying there, I kept on getting this whiff of B.O. I smelled myself...Clean. I smelled the bed...Downy fresh. It was like the walls were cupcaking me. I went to take a piss, and the fan in the restroom wasn't working. I kept on hearing a weird sound coming from the vent. Weird smells were whafting from it.

The rest is just to terrible to say....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was God telling you to stay one more night in GR

katohater said...

holy frijoles! you've been to hell and back!