Monday, January 07, 2008

Movie Night

SO I saw a couple of good movies the other night. The first film is entitled "Once." It is awesome! The film's two main characters are musicians in real life: The Frames' front man, Glen Hansard and Eastern European pianist Marketa Irglova. It's like watching a live acoustic concert. The music is amazing. The acting is charming. So Watch it. It was so good, I bought the sound track the day after I watched it.


When I got home from Nate's house, I flipped on the TV and found one of my favorite films was on. It's an Italian film called "Life is Beautiful." I was a little disappointed that it was doubed. I enjoy the subtitle experience.

The film is a comedy placed during WWII in Italy. The main character, Guido, spends the first half of the movie doing crazy antics, tying to win the heart of his love, Dora. The second half, he uses his antics to try and convince his son that the concentration camp that they are in is part of a giant game that they have signed up for. Its touching and hilarious. You should check it out.

0 comments: