Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Dear Friends,

If you have known me for a while, you know that I am not the type of person to try and force my faith on you every time we meet. Yet, in fear of offending you and turning you away, I know that I did not share it enough. However you choose to take this today, I feel as if I must share this with you.

I write this to you today to share the joy that I have in Christ Jesus. Many of you know that I did not always hold to this. In many cases, I was the worst among us, and in many ways, I am sure I still am. I am not writing to condemn you. I am not telling you to be good, live better lives. I am not saying that you need a better past. You do not need to look the same as everyone or act the same. You just need to know. I want you to know that Christ Jesus died for you. So that you could be pure, so the past could be forgotten, so you might never have fear death. This is attested to by his fulfillment of over 300 prophecies concerning his life and death. This is attested to by twelve fishermen, from the middle of nowhere, who changed the world with the message of Christ. The evidence is there, but I am not here to try to convince you with intellectual argument, but merely tell you, He is risen. My Friends, may God bless you on this Easter day with the joy and knowledge of Christ Jesus



Isaiah 25
6 On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare
a feast of rich food for all peoples,
a banquet of aged wine—
the best of meats and the finest of wines.
7 On this mountain he will destroy
the shroud that enfolds all peoples,
the sheet that covers all nations;
8 he will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces;
he will remove the disgrace of his people
from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken.
9 In that day they will say,
"Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him, and he saved us.
This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

2 comments:

AlyKat64 said...

Happy Easter to you. I think this is one of your truest posts.

Tiffin said...

Happy Easter bud. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.