Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Man


Long ago...and far away, Tiffin and Cat lady got married. We all know that part. But not every one knows what came before. I was best man, so I had to go pick up my tux at Woodland. Since I am Ted, and have to use every restroom that I come within 30 feet of, I decided to go use the restroom while I waited. While I was takin' care of buisness, the doors opened and some one entered the stall next to me. Soon I heard the distinct thunderous voice of and angry African-American Male. He kept on yelling "Stop playing wiht the door!" (his kids were repeatedly messing with the handicap button.) So while I am washing my hands, These two young boys start talking to me. They were being nice and just asking questions, so I just talked to them while I was combing my hair(Ah...Hair...The good old days) All of a sudden, the dad starts yelling from the stall again, "Stop talking to me, I'm trying to crap!" I decided to take my leave and went for the paper towels.
His kids replyed, "we're not talkin' to you."
Dad: "You're not? Who you talkin' to then?"
Kids: "The Man."
Dad: "What Man? What he look like?"
Kids: "White."
Dad: "Damit, I warned you about the man. Never talk to The Man! He opress you if he get a chance!"
The kids turned to me as I was leaving and said in a friendly voice: "Dady says we can't talk to you cause you the man."
There went my hope for the future.

1 comments:

katohater said...

go get yo mom!